Thursday, September 14, 2006

Musings on Company Time



For an explanation on this picture go to my friend Liz's blog: lizlearnslife.blogspot.com.
The weather has been very good lately but today it is cold and rainy. I worked reception Monday on the upper east side for a properties firm. I spent my day in a small room with no windows and 5 other people transferring calls and doing busy work. So I was VERY happy to trade that in for an Architectural firm on Wall Street. I am on the 29th floor at the front desk which is a large semi-enclosed uber modern space. Sitting at my modern flat screened IMac looking out the gigantic ceiling to floor sized window that overlooks the Hudson and the Brooklyn Bridge. MUCH more glamorous. I work with two other people, Tracy, who is British and in charge, and Cesar who is laid back but always getting himself into trouble. So far its relatively low stress or will be once I master the art of "Good morning. Please hold.". I also book conference rooms and email people when they get packages. Yep.
Yesterday Liz and I went swimming... at 9 o'clock at night. Having your gym close at 11:45 pm really gives you no excuse. I joined and bought my swim cap and all. I forgot how aerobic swimming actually is. We closed that pool... err well the jacuzzi down. On Monday night I went to see my friend Ben Neill from Shorter in a show! Well it was a reading in a 100 seat black box theatre inside of a school but STILL. He was the star of the show. It was an operatic piece about Lord Byron and very strange but Ben was fantastic. It was a one night affair and Ben left to go back to Atlanta really early the next morning. We all (Jeremiah, Brandon, Ben and me) threw darts at the pub underneath my apartment until time for Ben's flight. Shorter theatre kids UNITE. During the door incident I ran into Helena on the Subway who is also living in Queens.
Sarah is a genius and managed to fix our internet problem(s). So my wireless now works at the house! Of course now the sink is refusing to do that silly draining thing. We had a spaghetti/Sex and the City/ chocolate cake/ why not go out for pizza now night a couple nights ago. She broke up with the guy she was seeing and so now we are both very fun and very single. Hoorah. Tonight Liz and I are going to the first screening of Monica's movie. It's a horror film called Windcroft. I'm really excited. We're going to meet up to eat in the City beforehand and I am using my excessive downtime to find a good dinner option. I mean the excess that I'm not using to write this blog... Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terrell said...

Please don't get fired for musing on company time!!

I am so glad you have paying work. Now some theatre work would be good. And it's great that Ben got real work in the Big Apple, even if it was only one night.

Keep blogging, Beautiful!

We filmed another scene in Mike's movie today. It was strange (my "girlfriend" is only a little older than you!) but fun. We did the same scene a zillion times since we only have one camera and have to get many angles.

Mom and I walked 3 miles tonight... maybe we can keep that up. You keep swimming!

143!!!!!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Terrell said...

From Mom -- I'm glad you got your internet fixed! Lil is safely back at Mercer. Enjoyed reading about the job and the door and all your fun activities!

Love, Mom

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home