Sunday, September 24, 2006

Swinging

I am getting into the swing of things. Not too much to report. Last week I worked in a cubicle on the 31st floor (with no veiw) on Lexington Avenue. It was a Health Care company I worked with PR. They were getting ready for an annual conference on ADHD (and their NEW medicated patch!) at which Ty Pennington (of Extreme Makover: Home Edition fame) was the key speaker. I put together his notebooks.... that's right. Despite not being too familiar with the show I still felt tempted to write him a fan note on one of the more boring pages. In a way I liked this job better than my last. I had something to DO at all times. Yes, most of it was tedious. Highlighting, Copying, Punching Holes. But I felt like I was actually useful. And I didn't have to answer any phones. Plus because of the conference there was food there for breakfast and lunch everyday. The job was only supposed to be Monday but they ended up extending the assignment until Wednesday. The last day ended up being data input ... which was TOO tedious. Ick. Even so I was a little sad to leave... ok, mostly because I had a crush on the doorman.
I got my first paycheck! And was unemployed the next two days which was worrying. Hopefully they will have some work for me tomorrow. Otherwise I am considering applying to cater... to the tune of $19/hr ... like my friend Lisa.
Liz and I got mani-pedis yesterday. I'm trying to quit biting my nails... again. I also finished putting up Europe pictures in my room and got a full length mirror. Liz rented the whole 2nd Season of Grey's Anatomy so we have been devoting ourselves to that in preperation for the current season. It's pretty addicting.
The bartender now knows my name downstairs and I've made some friends. I also got my library card which is sweet. I got several books including "Cheap and Easy: Girl Meets Spatula". My goal is one new by-the-recipe meal a week.
That's all folks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

So I'm gonna start reading your blog to give me something else to do at work. Be interesting!

... Aaaaaaaand go!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

You probably don't, Lillian!

Mwa hahahaha..

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home