Thursday, September 28, 2006

Blog on the Job

Once again I find being a substitute receptionist pretty much equals wait for someone to call so that you can tell them you have absolutely no power to help them. And surf the net.
So today I've been left alone in an empty office with about 10 minutes worth of copying to do. This week (and next...for a few days) I am working in a "green" apartment buiding on the upper West Side. It is very much like a hotel but run the front desk at the virtually unknown manager's office on the 5th floor. I've been reading Wuthering Heights which I got for 50 cents at Goodwill. I feel certain it will break my heart. Or at least that's what the blurb on the back promises.
Today while I was walking the 6 AVENUES (much longer than street blocks)from the subway that it takes me to get to work/the river I came across a hoard of girls in Mexican ponchos with not very well attached brown wigs and think glasses. They were passing out resumes? And make up? It took me several avenues to realize it was advertisement for the new tv show "Ugly Betty" that I am now tempted to watch. Only I'm already devoted to Grey's Anatomy. Liz and I basically plan our week around it. Yesterday we tryed out yoga at the gym. It is run by a fanatic little Asian man who has longish hair and is virtually incomprehensible. It's awesome. He told us to come to the 6 o'clock class. "Its for beginners" I have no idea what gave us away. But I'm sore.
I talked to Lisette over my lunch break. She leaves for Kenya TODAY. Her blog is intoafrica.blog-city.com and its sure to be much more exciting than mine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terrell said...

I've been thinking of my daughters a lot today. Mom is in Fort Lauderdale at a Trade Show and I am all alone!! We've had about 400000000000 parent conferences this week. They've gone well, but it's 'zausting! I'd trade jobs with you except that my fall break starts today.

143!!!!

Pop

7:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did I really just spell tried "tryed"? Really, Brannon.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home