Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Back on the Job

I am VERY happy to be back on the clock this week. Somehow last week taking Tuesday off turned into a week vacation. My first New York auditions have come and gone. I woke up at 6am on Tuesday to go to my first audition for the National Tour of Wonderful Town at Chelsea studios. I got there a little before 8 (auditions start at 10) which still put me at #72 on the unofficial list. I saw two people I knew the entire day. Lisa from Cypress Gardens (who actually got a callback!) and a girl I met through Ben Neill at his production last month. Who ALSO got a callback... or a danceback. Long story short I was 2ND IN LINE to sing the 8 bars that had been shortened from 16 when Dave Clemmons crammed us ALL back into the main room again only to tell us that there were too many people and they were going to type us. So I had to fight to get my headshot back only to stand in line with 50 other girls, of whom 5 or 6 were asked to come back on Friday to dance. They didn't even want to see them sing or do anything that day. So I ended up being there slightly longer than I would have if they had actually HEARD me sing AND I didn't get seen. Slam bam start. The Into the Woods was slightly more successful. Meaning I got there only s half hour early and was #70 but I did get to sing AND "dance". It was the second day of auditioning and there were at least a hundred people there. I didn't get a call back but I DID leave a pair of shoes there. Which is just a shame.
I have my 3rd interview today with H&M. I thought they weren't going to call us until our background checks come through in 2 weeks. They BEST not be getting me to make a trip out of my way after work just to let me down. I might have to cause a scene. If I get hired I'll be working at the 5th Avenue store which was their charter H&M. It's huge. I went there after my last interview just to check it out and it was total choas. Three stories of cheap clothes may spell hell. I'm going to apply at Urban Outfitters pronto. It is way less threatening.
Last Friday night I went to a Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins concert. It was really really good. Jenny Lewis is one of my favorite new musicians. She has a kind of western, gospel rock style. The Little Willies, Norah Jones's new band, were SUPPOSED to open for her. I was pretty disappointed they didn't show.
This week I am working for the internet trading company that called me in for all of 2 and half hours a few weeks ago. The hours are much nicer this time. Full 8 hour day with an hour lunch. I transfer calls, send fed-ex and messenger stuff, sign for and document packages, and sort (into unaphabetized folders) the two enormous bags of mail that come in every day. It's pretty fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terrell said...

Every rotten, disappointing, bummer audition is one more out of the way on the road to the first good one. You got moxie, kiddo!

Civil War rehearsal is going well. Rick Gomez is great. Several new voices and lots of old ones.

My day was the pits: our trip to Etowah Indian Mounds had to be postponed on account of a deluge. Disappointed kids, aggravating uncertainty and indecision, painful rescheduling, kids at school without their bookbags, therefore improvised lessons all day... and then the coup de grace, the kid who upchucked enthusiastically as everyone was packing up to leave at 15 till three. While I comforted the miserable kid at classroom center, 22 other kids tried to climb the four walls, screaming as they tried to escape the eruptions. Yuck!!!

143

Pop

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home