Friday, December 01, 2006

An 18 pound turkey and 5 vegetarian dinner guests.



Well the thunder and lightning suggest that the weather channel is indeed on the mark. After enjoying a series of incredibly mild days it very well may drop from 70 to 37 degrees in the next 24 hours. Hullo winter.
I had a great Thankgiving dinner at Liz and Aaron's apartment. They did the works: Waldorf salad, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing (in and out of the bird), rolls, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce from a can (which Liz LOVES). The title IS a true story. Their enormous turkey fed them and one liberal vegetarian. Not me. I was the only guest there for the intial dinner. Liz and Aaron's friend Karl and his girlfriend Leah (the turkey eater) came a little later. And Amy and Peter (who were both in the MFA program at ASF while I was at Huntingdon) made it for pie. Apple pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie... I had them all. Liz and I ended up quiting the group to get out our Grey's Anatomy fix for an hour... but we socialized during commercial breaks. Gotta stick to your priorities.

I started at my new store on Tuesday. I kind of like opening a store. It's a ton of work. I like having a project to complete and not having to be polite. I've carried more boxes upstairs than I would like to think about. The store was literally empty when we got there... I mean except for the construction workers. And now its full to the brim. I'm working in the lingere department.

Since Liz left to go to Alabama for 2 weeks I took it upon myself to try to get together with friends. I have all of my nights off while we are opening and Sarah works at night. I didn't expect it to work so well. Tuesday night I went to Dave and Busters in Times Square with Lisa (from Cypress Gardens) and her boyfriend Willy.




It was SO much fun. Now I try to talk everyone I talk to into go back with me for "Power Hour" so I can play limitless arcades for an hour for $10.

Then on Wednesday night Allison Elder called me out of the blue. She was in town (well sort of, in New Jersey) on a business trip. She's very adult these days getting married AND going on business trips. I don't know if I'll ever be that adult. We met up in Times Square for coffee, walked around and caught up. Oh, and had someone take THIS PICTURE.



Then last night I hung out with Brandi and Jenny who I met at Doyle's when I first got to New York. We went out to eat and then went back to Brandi's for Grey's Anatomy. So tonight's my night off. It's hard waking up at 6:30 even without stay up late. I fell asleep on the way home from work on the train. I woke up a stop before I got off... but could have easily done a few laps on the V and not minded.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brannon said...

Just so everyone knows how hard I work. It took me four tries to get all the pictures in the right places. There are only 3 of them... and therefore only 6 combinations. Boo. Hoo.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who ate all that TURKEY?!? I am glad that Allison made connections with you. How can she be old enough to be getting married? Ya'll are supposed to still be in middle school!
Talked to Lisette today. She is in Nairobi doing Christmas shopping. She had a good time on safari, although it was rainy and drizzling alot of the time. Love you lots, Branny Roo!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah, what a glorious spread of food...compliments to the cook...ok compliments to me! TRASH!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I love your web page! :) Thanks for including me on it. I had such a great time hanging out with you in the city! You were a great tour guide. I hope things are still going well for you. Take care!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home