Monday, January 08, 2007

Maybe I should post or something.



He looks cute. But he is constantly breaking and entering into my room in the middle of the night to poke at me until I get up and feed him. Or, more likely, fake him out by starting to move towards the door and then slamming it in his face. But that only buys me twenty minutes (maybe thirty if I lock up) before he's back and trying to sit on my head.

The remnants of Christmas are everywhere in New York. I've probably smelled more cedar/fir in the last couple of days while everyone's Christmas trees are on the curb than I did in all of the days preceding Christmas. My family didn't have a single live tree this year (unless you count the one Dad is growing outside). We made up for it by having at least 3 fake ones... a phenomenon I never saw coming. Everyone has been talking about how unseasonably warm it was on Saturday. Global warming is scary... I mean it felt like spring... and ok, that was kind of nice. But the winter weather is back, mostly. I got drenched walking home from the N last night after I watching a movie with my friends in Ditmars. I mean, couldn't have been more wet if I had been standing in the shower for 10 minutes.
I have been going to the super-nice gym with my friend, Brandi, on a 3 day guest pass. The Rock (actual name of gym) has a rock climbing wall, a boxing ring, and two gigantic fake palm trees. It was fun. But today I'm back to the neon lights. And glad of it. Two months of The Rock cost about the same as a year at my gym. Three months and you can tag on the swimming pool. Brandi and Jenny just started rehearsals of show that will go up in February. Julie (of Shake, Rattle, and Roll fame) is rehearsing a show in Chicago that I am going to try to see at the beginning of February. I am thinking of taking some time off to audition in February and March.
H&M is same ole. But they've cut hours due to the SLOW after Christmas season. Which is unfortunate for my bank account. As of January 1st I am finally insured! First time in a year and a half. But I don't know how long it will last. Long enough for a dentist and doctor visits. I'm thinking of going back to waitressing as soon as slow season is over. OR becoming a flight attendant. My friend Jessica Miesel from Shorter JUST moved to Astoria (Ditmars area). I met her friend (Shorter alum) Bob the other night at Doyles who is a flight attendant for Jet Blue and LOVES it. Except I want to work for Virgin because they are international and have the cute outfits. Mmm Hmm.
P.S. The following celebrities have been spotted at my store: Rebecca Romijn, Jerry O'Connell, Anne Hathaway, and Mila Kunis. AND I HAVE SEEN NONE OF THEM. I am not pleased. Not pleased at all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Terrell said...

The cats are still driving us nuts as well. We would've had a real tree but for all the rain before Christmas, honest. And you have to admit that the cypress outside is beginning to be impressive.

It was back to work today. The kids show up tomorrow. I'll be trying to convince them that a Science Fair is and opportunity to do science rather than solely an opportunity to make a creative display.

I stopped by Staples today and had difgficuty finding parking because of the huge crowds at the mammoth new gym next door.

143

Pop

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the post! A flight attendant job may not be a bad idea. Actually, though, you should audition, audition, audition!
We miss you!
Love, Mom

12:51 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

It's freakin' creepy how Sid can open that door. Scared the crap out of me when our power was out and I had to take a bath in the dark. I shut him up in Sarah's room so he wouldn't get near the candles in the bathroom, and five minutes later he's standing right next to me. What the hell?! AND he managed to do it without my hearing him.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Great to hear from you, Brannon. Sounds like an interesting life. Listen to your mama, Girl -- audition! We love you and miss you down here in the Sunny South.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home