Friday, January 26, 2007

The Brannon Report





Today has been my first day off since Monday. It was a decievingly beautiful day but WAY too cold to venture outside for any peroid of time. The wind was brutal. These pictures are from a slightly warmer weekend when I went out to Astoria Park. It's midnight and Sarah and I are cooking. I made up a lentil recipe but ended up eating half the pot. She is making potato salad for a potluck.
Next week Liz is going home to Atmore, AL until her July wedding. Which is pretty tragic for me since she has been one of my best friends here. My friend Lisa, from Florida, scored some free tickets to see "Company" (by Sondheim) on Broadway. Liz and I went and actually had descent seats on the very last row of the orchestra section. The show was very good. Like Sweeny Todd, the actors doubled as the orchestra. Each playing several (often unrelated) instruments. The music was incredible though I don't think much of the story line. It's about a 35 year old guy who is feeling pressured by his friends to get married. The best numbers were "You Could Drive a Person Crazy" (in which the three girls did a routine with alto saxs) , "Not Getting Married" (hilarious tounge twisting song by a reluctant bride), and "Being Alive" (the signature number that closes out the show).
Liz is auditioning for grad schools this weekend. She did a preview of her audition peices for friends at the Ripley Greir Studios. I ran into Cara Reichel in the lobby. Apparently Prospect has an office on the third floor. Watching Liz's monologues actually did make me want to do some myself. So hopefully that's a good sign. My friend Jessica is here and auditioning. I'm hoping to get a waitressing job in Times Square. Either Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, or John's Pizza. After I take advantage of my health insurance. Hours are starting to pick up at H&M but the bottom line is I work too much and don't make enough money.
I'm hoping to get a little time off in a week and go visit my friend Julie who is doing a show in Chicago.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terrell said...

Hurray! A post!! With pics!!!!!

Lil is home for the weekend. Mom and I are walking (2 or 3 miles a day 4 or 5 times a week) since New Years. Sixty is bearing down on me like a locomotive - I better start running.

Call us this weekend, Beautiful.

143!

Pop

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to hear from you! Chicago should be fun. I am sorry that your job isn't more fun, but, then, jobs don't tend to be alot of fun, they are just, you know, work, much of the time.
I love the pics! Love you, too.
Aunt Debi

5:02 AM  
Blogger Terrell said...

Dearest Daughter
Post a blog about cold Chicago!

143

Pop

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home